Sprint - ATERSO01 Sent me a collections letter

217 of 398 Sprint Reviews
Apr 17, 2012

I received a collections letter stating i owe SPRINT $664.56, and they are willing to settle for 1/2 the payment of $332.28. Obviously not! I dont have an account with sprint!

I will file a complaint with the BBB, FTC, and the POST MASTER...

There are many scams out there, Always notice if there are more than one acct. number/address, more than likely is a scam.

ATERSO01, is using (Convergent/outsourcing, INC.) The addresses are,

Review #312853
4.9
I had the same issue 8
Had an experience with Sprint?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
destroyer

May 18

I think if we all flood all the Police Departments with copies of these letters and complaints about these companies they will eventually do something. Granted the Attorney General just files them away. It is a waste of time and breath to send them any complaint.

Destroyer

May 18

Today I received this letter from ATERSO01 and Convergent stating that owed them $127.04. I never heard of them. I decided to call the number and it turned out to be Direct TV that answered. I have never heard of these companys and I do not have Direct TV. So today I thought I would look it up and I come up with Sprint and guess, what?
I don't have Sprint either. By the way, the account is with Entergy-Gulf States GI. Does anyone know who they are. They are certainly not in the area where I live. This is a total scam and this letter is going to the FBI-not that they will do anything, BBB, FTC, Police Dept in every state I can find they exists and anyone else who will listen and get these low life bottom feeding suckers off the streets and put them where they belong.

no name

Dec 10, 2013 Seattle, Washington

I also received a letter from Convergent Outsourcing,Inc in Renton,WA also had names ASterso01,Wixom, MI, and Convergent Outsourcing, Inc, Houston, TX. I was to respond to the Renton address, 866-291-6364 If letter was an error to call 855-728-8701 or website www.convergentusa.com. I called and was told this was a debt owed to Texaco-Chevron from 11/2006 in amt. of $1391.70. I became disabled in May 2006. I have never received a billing statement from Texaco or Chevron saying I had an outstanding balance owing. Prior to the date above, If I used a gas credit card, I always paid it in full when a statement was received. $1391.70 is a lot of gas especially for gas in 2005-2006 and my disability at that time prevented my driving. It seemed very strange that I would be receiving a collection notice 7 years after the fact when I have never received any billing statements or been contacted by the gas companies for delinquent payments 0f any balances owing. WHAT IS THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS ON COLLECTIONS OF A DEBT (SECURED/UNSECURED)? The creditor is noted as GE Capital retail Bank. Can The fraudulent attempt to collect a non-existing debt be reported to the credit bureau as an existing debt? Do credit companies purposefully withhold sending statements (which may have a minimal amt owing)and then start adding late fees and interest until a huge amount is now owing on the account and then submit for collection and write off the greater amount as a loss once it is sent to... Show more

Anon

Aug 21, 2012

I received a collections letter from this agency as well. I had already made an arrangement with my carrier on payment and they assured me that it will not go into collections. Now I get a letter! Wtf? Why do businesses. Have to lie to clients? I have also written a letter to the postmaster general and the BBB for harassment.

×
You were reading a complaint about Sprint.
Filing a new complaint about
×