Sprint - ATERSO01 Sent me a collections letter

432 of 613 Sprint Reviews

I received a collections letter stating i owe SPRINT $664.56, and they are willing to settle for 1/2 the payment of $332.28. Obviously not! I dont have an account with sprint!

I will file a complaint with the BBB, FTC, and the POST MASTER...

There are many scams out there, Always notice if there are more than one acct. number/address, more than likely is a scam.

ATERSO01, is using (Convergent/outsourcing, INC.) The addresses are,

Had the same issue 24 Yes 24
432 of 613 Sprint Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 23 #1010982

I just receive a collection notice from ATERS001 for 528.98. I have no idea what it is for but will settle if I pay 185.98 to clear the account its a scam.

Sep 17 #1035247

It's not a scam it's a settlement. You should take it.

no sprint phone

Mar 14 #958446 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Got a letter from ATERSO01 I knew it was a fraud when I seen a PO Box number. Plus don't have a sprint phone, and never had a sprint phone.

Dec 09, 2014 #913200 Las Vegas, Nevada

received a letter in a marriage name that has not been used for over 10 years do not have an outstanding bill because the account is active in my maiden name.

1 0 Reply

Jan 17 #932566

Interesting. My name is Tee and I just got a letter in my married name and I've been divorced for 11 years!! I didn't open it. Looked up aterso01 and found this post. I'm sound a RTS on this. Idiots!!

Jan 20 #933781 Satellite Beach, Florida

exactly the same as above and above ...glad you women commented this help this divorced over ten years gal not open hers but write not at this address returned. Thank you.

Mickey Mouse

Aug 18, 2014 #858324

My wife got a letter from these people about an account she had with AT&T Wireless ten years ago. The account is long since paid. Even if it wasn't, the statute of limitations passed several years ago.
A similar thing happened to me a few years ago concerning an account with Time Warner Cable - an account that had been closed over a decade earlier.
I wonder how many people are ignorant to the fact that they no longer owe accounts when the statute of limitations expires.
Think before you write a check. You may not owe a cent! And whatever you do, don't admit to owing them anything, or you risk restarting the statute of limitations.

May 18, 2014 #816549

I think if we all flood all the Police Departments with copies of these letters and complaints about these companies they will eventually do something. Granted the Attorney General just files them away. It is a waste of time and breath to send them any complaint.

May 18, 2014 #816547

Today I received this letter from ATERSO01 and Convergent stating that owed them $127.04. I never heard of them. I decided to call the number and it turned out to be Direct TV that answered. I have never heard of these companys and I do not have Direct TV. So today I thought I would look it up and I come up with Sprint and guess, what?
I don't have Sprint either. By the way, the account is with Entergy-Gulf States GI. Does anyone know who they are. They are certainly not in the area where I live. This is a total scam and this letter is going to the FBI-not that they will do anything, BBB, FTC, Police Dept in every state I can find they exists and anyone else who will listen and get these low life bottom feeding suckers off the streets and put them where they belong.

no name

Dec 10, 2013 #756110 Seattle, Washington

I also received a letter from Convergent Outsourcing,Inc in Renton,WA also had names ASterso01,Wixom, MI, and Convergent Outsourcing, Inc, Houston, TX. I was to respond to the Renton address, 866-291-6364 If letter was an error to call 855-728-8701 or website www.convergentusa.com. I called and was told this was a debt owed to Texaco-Chevron from 11/2006 in amt. of $1391.70. I became disabled in May 2006. I have never received a billing statement from Texaco or Chevron saying I had an outstanding balance owing. Prior to the date above, If I used a gas credit card, I always paid it in full when a statement was received. $1391.70 is a lot of gas especially for gas in 2005-2006 and my disability at that time prevented my driving. It seemed very strange that I would be receiving a collection notice 7 years after the fact when I have never received any billing statements or been contacted by the gas companies for delinquent payments 0f any balances owing. WHAT IS THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS ON COLLECTIONS OF A DEBT (SECURED/UNSECURED)? The creditor is noted as GE Capital retail Bank. Can The fraudulent attempt to collect a non-existing debt be reported to the credit bureau as an existing debt? Do credit companies purposefully withhold sending statements (which may have a minimal amt owing)and then start adding late fees and interest until a huge amount is now owing on the account and then submit for collection and write off the greater amount as a loss once it is sent to... Show more

Aug 21, 2012 #531816

I received a collections letter from this agency as well. I had already made an arrangement with my carrier on payment and they assured me that it will not go into collections. Now I get a letter! Wtf? Why do businesses. Have to lie to clients? I have also written a letter to the postmaster general and the BBB for harassment.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.