13.7K views

I received a collections letter stating i owe SPRINT $664.56, and they are willing to settle for 1/2 the payment of $332.28. Obviously not! I dont have an account with sprint!

I will file a complaint with the BBB, FTC, and the POST MASTER...

There are many scams out there, Always notice if there are more than one acct. number/address, more than likely is a scam.

ATERSO01, is using (Convergent/outsourcing, INC.) The addresses are,

Convergent Outsourcing, INC.

PO Box 9004

Renton WA 98057-9004

"Do not give your EMAIL"

Product or Service Mentioned: Sprint Account.

Comments

$$$$$$$$ IMPORTANT PLEASE READ & FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS $$$$$$ PLEASE, DO NOT send them any money. You are scamming their scam on you!

YES, it is a SCAM for I too got a letter BUT, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING 5 STEPS. 1.Tear off the payment stub & write the following on the left side, but make sure that your verbiage does not go into the right side & show through onto the area of the address window. “OK, I will take the reduced amount that you offered. Check enclosed.” DO NOT put any check inside.

2.Flip this pay stub over & on the back write the following or you can write what you want. “You F?cking SCAMMER. EAT S?IT & I got you back at having to pay the postage on this letter. Get a REAL JOB *** (Replace first ?

with a u, replace second ? with an h, & the last two $$ with SS) 3.Place this pay stub into the envelope they enclosed & lick ONLY the very middle or TIP of the glue of only about a ½”. This will allow the post office to open the envelope without destroying it & still be able to glue it back together. (Read below explanation.} 4.On the outside of the envelope for the return address, place whatever name & address the letter is addressed to, BUT NOT YOUR NAME & ADDRESS.

5.Above the address that it’s addressed to, write the following, “Postage to be paid by addressee” with an arrow, pointing to the address so there is NO confusion as who will pay for the postage. Unfortunately this envelope is not postage paid so we don’t know if the post office will deliver or not but if they open it & see what you are trying to do, maybe they will send it through since I bet they don’t like scammers either, especially if they get a lot of people sending in these letters. Your name & address is not on it but just an account number {probably fictitious anyway) so no one will know who sent it. Maybe the post office will research the address & find this post & start sending them all through & collecting postage on them.

I would assume that if the scammer is smart (HA! HA! HA!) they will pay the postage assuming that if only one person is stupid enough to pay on their scam, it will pay for ALL the postage they spend!!!!

PLEASE, DO NOT send them any money. You are scamming their scam on you!

Wtf?! I've got the same *** letter too! I ain't gonna pay no *** *** Scam!

I just received a notice from this same address. Except mine says it's a PayPal account that is trying to collect. I have never had an account with PayPal.

Hello I don't have account aterosq1 where is con from????? $561.10 it wrong

Received the same letter,I will be sending it back shredded in the return evelope.Assured satisfaction lol

Not sure why I received someone's mail but the address is Aterso01 PO Box 1280 Oaks, PA 19458-1280

My Son just received a collection letter from them,the return address is in Pa

I just got a letter stating I owe sprint and I never had a phone with sprint! Bull!!

I just got the same thing and don't have this acct.from same people.I thought something was up

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1303359

March 8, 2017 - similar letter, including the ATERSO01 / Wixom MI and Convergent (Renton, WA) addresses. But mine claims to be a collection letter for Suddenlink, which is apparently a cable company that doesn't do business in my home city.

Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States #1210699

September 10, 2016 and I got a letter like the ones described here from the very same scam artists. Please report them to the government... https://www.usa.gov/stop-scams-frauds

Ok, here's the deal in the state of Florida. The statue of limitations veries from type of loan or contract.

For these type of limitations you can find it online for your state. Phone contracts have a statue of limitations in Florida for 5 years. Thereafter you don't owe ANYTHING !

BUT..... THERE ARE COMPANIES OUT THERE .....

that will BUY the old loan from these companies and peruse you even after the statue of limitations runs out !

These lowlife companies will take you to court.... a washed up Attorny will talk to you before court and try to get you to ... 1) acknowledge **** the loan. And 2) try to look like a good guy by telling you he will lower the amount !!!

What an ASSCLOWN !

YOU must know your rights....

1) NEVER NEVER NEVER....ACKNOWLEDGE A LOAN PASSED LIMITATIONS..... don't ever say yes that's my loan in court. Even the small clamps Judge can not make you say that it it your loan after limitations.

2) When you are questioned by the other side attorney you NEVER admit it's your loan...

When it's YOUR TURN to question the Attorny You ask him what is the delinquent date of the loan.....ask him is that date passed the statue of limitations.....if it is.... he must admit it is in front of the Judge. 3) YOU ask the attorney..... did you provide me with discovery......

do you have the ORIGINAL CONTRACT with my Signature on it ...... I guarantee the Attorny will *** their pants. Bottom line, don't allow attorneys to bully you into paying an old out of date loan. That's who these companies make money off of buying dead loans.

Research......

know your rights and know the protections you have under the fair credit act. Stand your ground....

I just receive a collection notice from ATERS001 for 528.98. I have no idea what it is for but will settle if I pay 185.98 to clear the account its a scam.

to Really #1035247

It's not a scam it's a settlement. You should take it.

to lady #1392415

No, it’s a scam. Sounds like you’re part of it.

to Bob #1605807

Yes sounds like lady is shady

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #958446

Got a letter from ATERSO01 I knew it was a fraud when I seen a PO Box number. Plus don't have a sprint phone, and never had a sprint phone.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #913200

received a letter in a marriage name that has not been used for over 10 years do not have an outstanding bill because the account is active in my maiden name.

to tee #932566

Interesting. My name is Tee and I just got a letter in my married name and I've been divorced for 11 years!!

I didn't open it. Looked up aterso01 and found this post.

I'm sound a RTS on this. Idiots!!

to Tee Satellite Beach, Florida, United States #933781

exactly the same as above and above ...glad you women commented this help this divorced over ten years gal not open hers but write not at this address returned. Thank you.