I received a collections letter stating i owe SPRINT $664.56, and they are willing to settle for 1/2 the payment of $332.28. Obviously not! I dont have an account with sprint!

I will file a complaint with the BBB, FTC, and the POST MASTER...

There are many scams out there, Always notice if there are more than one acct. number/address, more than likely is a scam.

ATERSO01, is using (Convergent/outsourcing, INC.) The addresses are,

Convergent Outsourcing, INC.

PO Box 9004

Renton WA 98057-9004

"Do not give your EMAIL"

Review about: Sprint Account.

Received the same letter,I will be sending it back shredded in the return evelope.Assured satisfaction lol

Not sure why I received someone's mail but the address is Aterso01 PO Box 1280 Oaks, PA 19458-1280

My Son just received a collection letter from them,the return address is in Pa

I just got a letter stating I owe sprint and I never had a phone with sprint! Bull!!

I just got the same thing and don't have this acct.from same people.I thought something was up

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1303359

March 8, 2017 - similar letter, including the ATERSO01 / Wixom MI and Convergent (Renton, WA) addresses. But mine claims to be a collection letter for Suddenlink, which is apparently a cable company that doesn't do business in my home city.

Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States #1210699

September 10, 2016 and I got a letter like the ones described here from the very same scam artists. Please report them to the government... https://www.usa.gov/stop-scams-frauds

Ok, here's the deal in the state of Florida.The statue of limitations veries from type of loan or contract.

For these type of limitations you can find it online for your state. Phone contracts have a statue of limitations in Florida for 5 years. Thereafter you don't owe ANYTHING !

that will BUY the old loan from these companies and peruse you even after the statue of limitations runs out !

These lowlife companies will take you to court.... a washed up Attorny will talk to you before court and try to get you to ... 1) acknowledge **** the loan. And 2) try to look like a good guy by telling you he will lower the amount !!!

What an ASSCLOWN !

YOU must know your rights....

1) NEVER NEVER NEVER....ACKNOWLEDGE A LOAN PASSED LIMITATIONS..... don't ever say yes that's my loan in court. Even the small clamps Judge can not make you say that it it your loan after limitations.

2) When you are questioned by the other side attorney you NEVER admit it's your loan...

When it's YOUR TURN to question the Attorny You ask him what is the delinquent date of the loan.....ask him is that date passed the statue of limitations.....if it is.... he must admit it is in front of the Judge. 3) YOU ask the attorney..... did you provide me with discovery......

do you have the ORIGINAL CONTRACT with my Signature on it ...... I guarantee the Attorny will *** their pants. Bottom line, don't allow attorneys to bully you into paying an old out of date loan. That's who these companies make money off of buying dead loans.

know your rights and know the protections you have under the fair credit act.Stand your ground....

I just receive a collection notice from ATERS001 for 528.98. I have no idea what it is for but will settle if I pay 185.98 to clear the account its a scam.

to Really #1035247

It's not a scam it's a settlement. You should take it.

to lady #1392415

No, it’s a scam. Sounds like you’re part of it.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #958446

Got a letter from ATERSO01 I knew it was a fraud when I seen a PO Box number. Plus don't have a sprint phone, and never had a sprint phone.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #913200

received a letter in a marriage name that has not been used for over 10 years do not have an outstanding bill because the account is active in my maiden name.

to tee #932566

Interesting.My name is Tee and I just got a letter in my married name and I've been divorced for 11 years!!

I didn't open it. Looked up aterso01 and found this post.

I'm sound a RTS on this.Idiots!!

to Tee Satellite Beach, Florida, United States #933781

exactly the same as above and above ...glad you women commented this help this divorced over ten years gal not open hers but write not at this address returned. Thank you.

My wife got a letter from these people about an account she had with AT&T Wireless ten years ago.The account is long since paid.

Even if it wasn't, the statute of limitations passed several years ago.

A similar thing happened to me a few years ago concerning an account with Time Warner Cable - an account that had been closed over a decade earlier.

I wonder how many people are ignorant to the fact that they no longer owe accounts when the statute of limitations expires.

Think before you write a check.

You may not owe a cent!And whatever you do, don't admit to owing them anything, or you risk restarting the statute of limitations.

I think if we all flood all the Police Departments with copies of these letters and complaints about these companies they will eventually do something. Granted the Attorney General just files them away. It is a waste of time and breath to send them any complaint.

Today I received this letter from ATERSO01 and Convergent stating that owed them $127.04.I never heard of them.

I decided to call the number and it turned out to be Direct TV that answered. I have never heard of these companys and I do not have Direct TV. So today I thought I would look it up and I come up with Sprint and guess, what?

I don't have Sprint either. By the way, the account is with Entergy-Gulf States GI.

Does anyone know who they are.

They are certainly not in the area where I live.This is a total scam and this letter is going to the FBI-not that they will do anything, BBB, FTC, Police Dept in every state I can find they exists and anyone else who will listen and get these low life bottom feeding suckers off the streets and put them where they belong.

Seattle, Washington, United States #756110

I also received a letter from Convergent Outsourcing,Inc in Renton,WA also had names ASterso01,Wixom, MI, and Convergent Outsourcing, Inc, Houston, TX. I was to respond to the Renton address, 866-291-6364 If letter was an error to call 855-728-8701 or website www.convergentusa.com. I called and was told this was a debt owed to Texaco-Chevron from 11/2006 in amt. of $1391.70. I became disabled in May 2006. I have never received a billing statement from Texaco or Chevron saying I had an outstanding balance owing. Prior to the date above, If I used a gas credit card, I always paid it in full when a statement was received. $1391.70 is a lot of gas especially for gas in 2005-2006 and my disability at that time prevented my driving. It seemed very strange that I would be receiving a collection notice 7 years after the fact when I have never received any billing statements or been contacted by the gas companies for delinquent payments 0f any balances owing. WHAT IS THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS ON COLLECTIONS OF A DEBT (SECURED/UNSECURED)? The creditor is noted as GE Capital retail Bank. Can The fraudulent attempt to collect a non-existing debt be reported to the credit bureau as an existing debt? Do credit companies purposefully withhold sending statements (which may have a minimal amt owing)and then start adding late fees and interest until a huge amount is now owing on the account and then submit for collection and write off the greater amount as a loss once it is sent to collections? There is another collection scam called Northstar Locations Services. My roommate just received a call for about a "Business Matter" back in 2005. Their number is 1-866-610-2726.

I received a collections letter from this agency as well.I had already made an arrangement with my carrier on payment and they assured me that it will not go into collections.

Now I get a letter! Wtf? Why do businesses.

Have to lie to clients?I have also written a letter to the postmaster general and the BBB for harassment.