1.9
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Oh, Sprint. After 20 years, we may be heading to divorce court. Maybe it's time we see other people?

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a techophobe when it comes to phones. In 20 years, I've only upgraded three times. But, my five year old iPhone was starting to burn my face and Siri was speaking in tongues, so I called Sprint on 3/1 to see what could be done. Previously, I'd been paying $55 a month for unlimited calls and texts, and one gig of data. All the Hulu commercials made me wonder if there weren't better deals to be had.

I spent six hours (6!) trying to get someone to help me do what should've been a simple thing. I know, I know...Old Nan is chiding me for being a "sweet Summer child". But, how hard can it be? Apparently, it's like travelling to a foreign, third world country with Elmo as the custom's guy.

After six hours, we have a suitable phone. ACES! Then, I'm switched to numerous agents all promising that they can help...but they have to transfer me, first, then hang up. TL:DR - I finally get a lady on the phone who says "for $30, I can get you 2Gigs of Data and Unlimited Calls/Texts." SWEET! She emails the contract and I sign the dotted line. I get the confirmation email. Groovy. Fast forward to today- I get a call asking me if I'm happy with my plan. I say, "sure..." and the lady says "well, I show you are on a $45/month for 1 gig plan." This is where it goes sideways. I tell her that's not my plan adn read off the confirmation number. She gives me another number and says "oh. We changed that on 3/4, at 1:26am." Um. No! I didn't sign off on that.

So, I go to the Sprint website and I'm told I have to re-new my password....which I'd just done on 3/1. My brain recalls a line in the contract that said "by using Sprint Online, you agree to....accept changes in our contract". So...no. I use the "chat with a rep" feature and provide all the confirmation numbers and the had to read the transcripts. They offer no more explanation than "...but, on march 4th, we changed it". That's a bait and switch. After going round and round for about an hour, and getting a supervisor with the same name as the tech I spoke with two weeks ago (wasn't aware that Shea and Robin were popular names in Bangalore). She says, "i see where that deal was offered to you but I have a better deal." Actually, I just want the deal I was offered on 3/1. She can't do that. She offers to put me on a $30/month, 2 Gig with unlimited fairy dust intern plan... I say, "ok". Then she says "there's a fee to change plans". Was there a fee when you changed it without me on 3/4? She says "don't worry, I can waive the fee." THinking its all squared away, I'm told she has put in "a request" to change the plan but that this s a solid, done deal. Why do I feel like I'm going to get screwed in 24 hours?

Review about: Sprint Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Deceptive promotions, Worst customer service ever.

Comments