I had cancelled my service on Jan 13. My next bill with sprint was from period Jan 6 to Feb 6.

Instead of prorating my usage, they charged for more the full month! Virtually "stealing" over $100 from me after I had been a customer for over 7 years. When I called them, I was told it was in the contract and they would do nothing to reimburse me. My contract had technically run out over 1 year ago.

The first time I called to make sure the account was cancelled the customer service rep told me I would only be charged for the 8 days usage.

Now this rep told me I had to pay for a full month. Someone better train their reps to know what they are talking about!

Review about: Sprint Phone Service.

Comments

I cancelled my sprint account 2 months ago and I’m still getting charged, even after talking with a sprint representative twice about the problem. How do I stop the billing!!!!!!

Irving, Texas, United States #1300175

Same thing happened to me. I called in after cancellation, 1 day after my bill started over and I have to pay for the entire month.

It must be in the contract or something.

But, its still pretty shady. I will never use Sprint again.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #667260

I called to cancel my contract, told the rep I was not happy with my service and plan and was going to another provider. Since I had 2 lines on my contract they only cancelled 1 and billed me for 2 months on the other line until I realized it was not cancelled. Now they want to take me to collections because I refuse to pay the bill

to Anonymous #667381

As long as the phone you requested to have cancelled (and wasn't) has no usage then you can put in a billing dispute for the past 2 billing cycles billed. (60 days). Check page 2 of your invoice where it discusses billing disputes.

Terms and conditions state that they don't cancel mid cycle and prorate services. Look at your T&C. Like any smart consumer.

Farmington, Michigan, United States #608178

I WAS A SPRINT CUSTOMER FOR SEVERAL YEARS. MY SERVICE KEEPT GETTING WORSE ALL THE TIME UNTIL I COULDNT EVEN USE MY PHONES ANY MORE. SPRINT AGREAD TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT WITH NO CHARGES, THEN THEY BILLED ME 780 DOLLARS FOR CLOSING MY CONTRACT AND RUNIED MY CREDIT RATING WHEN I REWFUSED TO PAY MONEY I DIDNT OWE.

nikalseyn
Bay City, Michigan, United States #607250

As long as you didn't make the mistake of allowing them to deduct the money from your bank account, you are ok. Just don't pay the bill but send a letter to them outlining why you believe you do not owe the amount charged.

Then, ignore all further dunning calls, letters.

The hit to your credit score will be minimal, but never pay Sprint money they do not deserve. They are a reprehensible company when it comes to billing.