bought my htc evo cell phone from sprint, and had to make total changes to my business account which has many phone lines, just for buying this phone.

anyhow after 3 weeks of use, the charger port became loose and now will not charge at all. took into sprint store for replacement, was told i would have to send to asurian, their insurance agent, and pay $100 deductible.

i then called their customer service and explained the phone was not charging and was internally loose. they stated that they could only send a used/refurbished unit as they have no new ones. (called store and asked if they stocked new ones and they did!)

i have cancelled all my accounts with sprint and recommend so to anyone else looking to get what they pay for, and won't take run around style warranty from a high end product.

called htc and let them know of my disgust with sprint, they said i was right and that sprint should be replacing them with new as they are the only dealer. i asked what can htc do, they said they could repair it but i would have to pay shipping, and i pay $39 and give them my credit card information!!!(NEW PRODUCT WITHIN 30 days of LAUNCH) wow!!!

A metaphor would be if you purchased a BRAND NEW Mercedes Benz, and 3 weeks after paying an arm and a leg, the car wont start, batteries wont charge, etc. you call the dealer, which is the only one in NORTH AMERICA, and they tell you that they can't fix it but will give you a used one instead, or you can go to germany and have the factory fix it, and you pay for it!!!

LETS SEE HOW LONG THIS PHONE IS AROUND BEFORE A RECALL.

Review about: Htc Evo Cell Phone.

Review #193645 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Sprint?

Comments

Pretty upset in KY

:( I bought two Evos and first I had problems with dropped calls.Then phone wouldnt allow me to make calls, get my messages.

I had to turn phone off reset then phone stopped charging. I went to repair store and of course water damage phone has not been in water I told them the phone did get hot a few times could that be why. Of course they want 100 deductible. Then my sister has other phone is in MS with same issues and she comes to KY to repair shop (waited two hours) and they say she has water damage also.

What the mess?Then they say I don't have coverage and Im the one who set up the account.

Pretty upset in KY

Everard J.

HTC Evo Shift unable to charge.I went to Sprint, they wated $35 to run diagnostic check.

Told me the phone will not charge, which I already knew. Sprint rep said I have to return the phone to HTC because it is still under warranty. I send the phone to HTC. HTC rep.

says the phone has moisture damage. I live in FLa, it is humid here, the phone was never in any water. HTC wants $225 to repair phone, needs new mother board, or $35 to return the phone not repaired. $35, you guessed it, for HTC to do their diagnostic check.

Issue still not resolved.Sprint sucks...HTC sucks.

Make these phones so that moisture is not introduced into the phone from the atmosphere.

Everard J.

Issue still not resolved.Sprint sucks...HTC sucks.

Sprint SUCKS

I brought a NEW HTC.I do not want a refurbished AKA previously *** up phone.

I shouldnt have to pay 35.

Where can we complain?How can we stop this?

cohena2

My g/f and I just left Sprint because their customer service sucks and went with Verizon.Sprint refused to look at my girlfriends phone for a low battery issue and told her the only option she had was to buy a new phone, even though she had insurance on the phone.

The trackball on blackberry stopped working and Sprint told me because my phone was two year old it was better to upgrade than repair it even though I had insurance. I finally got them to look at my phone and they looked at it and said they couldn't fix or replace it even with insurance and I had to buy a new phone. I told the Sprint rep I wanted my issue resolved or we'd be going to another carrier. She said she wasn't forcing us to stay with them.

Her supervisor told us the same thing about them not forcing us to use Sprint and we might be better off using someone else.

So when our contracts ended we went to Verizon.I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

MobileTechB

:grin First: Sprint does not make that phone, HTC makes the phone, you can try and be peeved at the phone company that sold it to you but ultimately the provider is just there for service area and price, not for swapping your device for a new one every time your dissatisfied this isn't a hamburger that cost a few pennies these are high dollar devices and as a business if they are, and currently are one of the better price contract carriers; they just wont make decisions like that because the amount you pay them wont make up the difference.Now on your behalf, the first release of that phone had issues with the charger port, if the port has come loose and the solder joints are not damaged and the circuit board isn't ripped off with it then sending it in for warranty will get you a new one and going through the store will get you a replacement at no cost.

It was a recognized defect in the first release of those devices and is covered!

On a side note, that micro usb port is an industry standard now. I agree it's a crappy port, but they aren't going to get better for a while.

It's just like a top on a drink can if you wiggle it or move around while your charging it or put it in at an angle over and over its going to pop loose, the first sign of shorting you should take it in for examining, don't wrap your rubber bands and hairbands over it to make it charge that will damage it beyond...

jarl

i bought htc evo two months ago at best buy, after i download a games they asking me to reboot and then they never turn on back , so i bring to sprint they says theirs noway that they can help me out since i dont have insurance from them, so i went to best buy and they help me out to callled the htc manufacturer and they need credit card info, for diagnostic fee of $39.00 plus ill pay for shipping handling of the phone, after 10days the representative called me that i have to fee the mother board worth 259.20 for replacement since theirs moisture in my phone. i am so pist.. i would like to terminate my contract in sprint"

sheshe

I have an EVO.It's about 5 months old.

Keeps rebooting itself. Right in the middle of doing things on it , it will just shut off n come back on. Battery now wont last for more than couple hrs. I replaced battery n reset Fone to factory settings.

Still the same problems. I always get a forced closed memo, and my text send about 7 times each. When I use my Fone to play songs , it overheats n shuts off.

I ha e had it w sprint n their Fones.Not one Fone I have had thru sprint has been good!

judbgrdmchn

After 1 year of use, the only problem that I've had is that the battery has become unchargeable.I switched batteries with my wife's EVO just to make sure it was the battery & not my charging cord or another problem.

I purchased an extended battery & that fixed the problem. I also love not having to charge my phone for days at a time now.

If I use it heavily, like for gaming, then I need to charge it overnight.Otherwise once every couple of days is fine, even without app killing.