Sprint - Htc evo no warranty or support... RECALL

752 of 839 Sprint reviews

bought my htc evo cell phone from sprint, and had to make total changes to my business account which has many phone lines, just for buying this phone.

anyhow after 3 weeks of use, the charger port became loose and now will not charge at all. took into sprint store for replacement, was told i would have to send to asurian, their insurance agent, and pay $100 deductible.

i then called their customer service and explained the phone was not charging and was internally loose. they stated that they could only send a used/refurbished unit as they have no new ones. (called store and asked if they stocked new ones and they did!)

i have cancelled all my accounts with sprint and recommend so to anyone else looking to get what they pay for, and won't take run around style warranty from a high end product.

called htc and let them know of my disgust with sprint, they said i was right and that sprint should be replacing them with new as they are the only dealer. i asked what can htc do, they said they could repair it but i would have to pay shipping, and i pay $39 and give them my credit card information!!!(NEW PRODUCT WITHIN 30 days of LAUNCH) wow!!!

A metaphor would be if you purchased a BRAND NEW Mercedes Benz, and 3 weeks after paying an arm and a leg, the car wont start, batteries wont charge, etc. you call the dealer, which is the only one in NORTH AMERICA, and they tell you that they can't fix it but will give you a used one instead, or you can go to germany and have the factory fix it, and you pay for it!!!

LETS SEE HOW LONG THIS PHONE IS AROUND BEFORE A RECALL.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
752 of 839 Sprint reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Pretty upset in KY

Jun 28, 2012 #503879

:( I bought two Evos and first I had problems with dropped calls. Then phone wouldnt allow me to make calls, get my messages. I had to turn phone off reset then phone stopped charging. I went to repair store and of course water damage phone has not been in water I told them the phone did get hot a few times could that be why. Of course they want 100 deductible. Then my sister has other phone is in MS with same issues and she comes to KY to repair shop (waited two hours) and they say she has water damage also. What the mess? Then they say I don't have coverage and Im the one who set up the account.

Pretty upset in KY

Jun 28, 2012 #503878

Everard J.

Apr 17, 2012 #467212

HTC Evo Shift unable to charge. I went to Sprint, they wated $35 to run diagnostic check. Told me the phone will not charge, which I already knew. Sprint rep said I have to return the phone to HTC because it is still under warranty. I send the phone to HTC. HTC rep. says the phone has moisture damage. I live in FLa, it is humid here, the phone was never in any water. HTC wants $225 to repair phone, needs new mother board, or $35 to return the phone not repaired. $35, you guessed it, for HTC to do their diagnostic check. Issue still not resolved. Sprint sucks...HTC sucks.
Make these phones so that moisture is not introduced into the phone from the atmosphere.

Everard J.

Apr 17, 2012 #467210

Sprint SUCKS

Jan 13, 2012 #409004

I brought a NEW HTC. I do not want a refurbished AKA previously *** up phone. I shouldnt have to pay 35. Where can we complain? How can we stop this?

cohena2

Dec 03, 2011 #385134

My g/f and I just left Sprint because their customer service sucks and went with Verizon. Sprint refused to look at my girlfriends phone for a low battery issue and told her the only option she had was to buy a new phone, even though she had insurance on the phone. The trackball on blackberry stopped working and Sprint told me because my phone was two year old it was better to upgrade than repair it even though I had insurance. I finally got them to look at my phone and they looked at it and said they couldn't fix or replace it even with insurance and I had to buy a new phone. I told the Sprint rep I wanted my issue resolved or we'd be going to another carrier. She said she wasn't forcing us to stay with them. Her supervisor told us the same thing about them not forcing us to use Sprint and we might be better off using someone else. So when our contracts ended we went to Verizon. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

MobileTechB

Nov 08, 2011 #371060

:grin First: Sprint does not make that phone, HTC makes the phone, you can try and be peeved at the phone company that sold it to you but ultimately the provider is just there for service area and price, not for swapping your device for a new one every time your dissatisfied this isn't a hamburger that cost a few pennies these are high dollar devices and as a business if they are, and currently are one of the better price contract carriers; they just wont make decisions like that because the amount you pay them wont make up the difference. Now on your behalf, the first release of that phone had issues with the charger port, if the port has come loose and the solder joints are not damaged and the circuit board isn't ripped off with it then sending it in for warranty will get you a new one and going through the store will get you a replacement at no cost. It was a recognized defect in the first release of those devices and is covered!

On a side note, that micro usb port is an industry standard now. I agree it's a crappy port, but they aren't going to get better for a while. It's just like a top on a drink can if you wiggle it or move around while your charging it or put it in at an angle over and over its going to pop loose, the first sign of shorting you should take it in for examining, don't wrap your rubber bands and hairbands over it to make it charge that will damage it beyond repair
... Show more

jarl

Aug 06, 2011 #324402

i bought htc evo two months ago at best buy, after i download a games they asking me to reboot and then they never turn on back , so i bring to sprint they says theirs noway that they can help me out since i dont have insurance from them, so i went to best buy and they help me out to callled the htc manufacturer and they need credit card info, for diagnostic fee of $39.00 plus ill pay for shipping handling of the phone, after 10days the representative called me that i have to fee the mother board worth 259.20 for replacement since theirs moisture in my phone. i am so pist.. i would like to terminate my contract in sprint"

sheshe

Jul 14, 2011 #312603

I have an EVO. It's about 5 months old. Keeps rebooting itself. Right in the middle of doing things on it , it will just shut off n come back on. Battery now wont last for more than couple hrs. I replaced battery n reset Fone to factory settings. Still the same problems. I always get a forced closed memo, and my text send about 7 times each. When I use my Fone to play songs , it overheats n shuts off. I ha e had it w sprint n their Fones. Not one Fone I have had thru sprint has been good!

judbgrdmchn

Jun 09, 2011 #296550

After 1 year of use, the only problem that I've had is that the battery has become unchargeable. I switched batteries with my wife's EVO just to make sure it was the battery & not my charging cord or another problem. I purchased an extended battery & that fixed the problem. I also love not having to charge my phone for days at a time now. If I use it heavily, like for gaming, then I need to charge it overnight. Otherwise once every couple of days is fine, even without app killing.

AntPress

Apr 05, 2011 #270023

I'm having the same issue. No power at all. tried different chargers and batteries. Sprint is useless. The sprint store refused to help. They referred me to HTC. Sprint Customer Care wants me to pay $35 for a replacement. Sam’s Club (303-751-0277) where I bought the phone also refused to help and referred me to HTC. HTC (866-449-8358) quoted me a 2 week turn around plus I have to pay for shipping. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. DO NOT USE SPRINT!

me too!!

Apr 05, 2011 #269893

had the exact same problem!! switched to at&t LOVE my I-Phone!! Great customer service GREAT phone!!! been with all of the cell providers (verizon, sprint, metro) at&t is by FAR the best!!!

Htc disgust

Feb 17, 2011 #249879

Bought two evo s from best buy brand new 600 dollar phones each. One for me one for mom. Not 31 and a half days later my evo had shut off with no intention of turmimg back on... Odd I had never dropped/water damage/ moisture it was flawless new condition. I contacted best buy and they said bring it right down n theyl swap me out. Great. I drove to best buy ooh only a 30 day warranty for a 600 dollar phone first 4g phone supposed to be the best in the world. Gave me a sincere sorry and a pat on the back and told to contact sprint. Funny I could have done that from home. So I call sprint... Again only a 30 day warranty never mind the fact ive been a loyal multiple line customer for 9 years and paid the extra insurance for the years for all my phones. Contact htc I was told by sprint. Ok now I call them htc , well the tech support asks me whats wrong with it.. Well it turned off. Wont take a charge I say. They say I need to know if its the battery or charging port. Idfk I thpught was their job. So we make a guess faulty battery. They send new one works fine but charging port is also fucling loose... *** FCuck sprint

yfhi

Feb 14, 2011 #248568

hahaha yall sick

tom

Jan 26, 2011 #240780

All cell phone carriers replace broken phones with refurbished phones even if they tell you its new its not. It's just refurbished to factory specs.

liza Green

Jan 19, 2011 #237837

My Evo broke after 1 week. I plugged in the charger and when I unplugged it the sreen was black. Sprint will replace it with a refurbished one, that is BS people. Sprint has got to be the worst cell phone provider in the world. I plan on switching carriers. Stay far away from Sprint, and even further away from the HTC EVO.

Don

Nov 02, 2010 #206888

I'm on my 4th EVO since July and had nothing but problems and they want me to pay for it ...why do they said 1 yr warranty if they're not going to stand behind it. I'm done with it!!

EJA

Oct 27, 2010 #204585

:( my evo want charge with the house charger only with the car charger But its showing that it is charging

cristina

Oct 21, 2010 #202643

well i'm not sure if my htc evo has the same problem. all i know is that my phone doesn't want to turn on and it wont charge. since i didn't buy the insurrance sprint said that they can't do anything about it. even though it does have warranty they gave me a number to call but it's out of service. now i'm trying to find a place i can contact so they can check my phone. i need options.

Weeks Family

Sep 02, 2010 #185147

Both my daughter (18) & my son (24) had the same issue, the charger port got loose & they were unable to charge their phones. The sprint store personnel accused my daughter (18 yrs old) of breaking the phone. HA! I paid her $100 deductible (she had insurance) to get a new after having the first one for only 2 months. Sprint did make good on my son's phone (no insurance) & gave him a new EVO at no cost. They also added insurance coverage on this new phone. They will keep my business!!

1-20 of 21 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.