Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Sep 28

It's 09/28/18 and I have gotten nowhere with Sprint. I talked to Jamie, a corporate executive, and she said Sprint never promised me that I would get service at my home.

That I should read my contract. She said I had some usage and I told her the usage was primarily from using the cell phones when we left home...went to Conway, L.R., etc. She said and I quote "usage is usage. All we promised was that you would get usage." I told her that the majority of people in ths U.S.

don't have landlines, they depend soley on their cell phones for phone service. I remined her that we asked 2 times if they wete sure about us getting service at home....gave them our physical address...and they pulled up a map twice and said we would get excellent service. When talking to Jamie I concluded that Sprint was trying to hide the fact that I have complained and complained by going to the Sprint store and by calling customer service. She said she didn't show were I made complaints.

My first complaint was 13 hours after I got the phones and I discovered we had no service at home. Oh and Jamie, corporate executive of Sprint, did offer me a solution. She told me to hook my phones up at home by using my home wifi. She even tried to tell me how to do it.

I asked her what were we paying Sprint for if I was going to have to use my home's wifi to get data usage at home...

and still would not get phone service at home. Sprint Corporation is a company you can't trust...not to tell you the truth and not to provide you with cell phone service.

Original review posted by user Aug 29

In 04/18 switched to Sprint. We have a teenager and they wanted unlimited data and the carrier we were with at the time didn't have it.

We went to a Sprint store located in Conway, AR. on Amity Rd. They were having a promotion 4 lines of unlimited data, talk and text for $100. A lie!

We got 4 lines and my bill is $158 per month... service charges, fees and taxes. We asked them 2 times what kind of service we would get at home in Mayflower, AR. We gave them our address and they supposedly pulled our address up on their map.

They pulled up a map and said that we would get excellent service. A lie! They said Sprint had towers all around where we lived. A lie!

Come to find out, Mayflower, AR. only gets zero to fair coverage and they have no towers around Mayflower, AR. When we were going thru the sign up process it took them 5 hours to get us signed up and get our numbers from our old carrier switched over to Sprint. They closed at 8 pm and we didn't leave the store until around 9:20 pm.

We were tired. They have no stools or chairs to sit down in, so we had to stand around the entire 5 hours. So afterwards we went out to eat, then went home and went to bed. Got up the next morning, and we had NO SERVICE...

not 1 bar on our cell phones. We went back to the Sprint store and said we wanted to cancel, because we didn't have any service. The manager and assistant manager (who signed us up the night before), informed us they had already sent our old phones to Sprint and that once the contract was signed that it could not be cancelled, that we would have to terminate the agreement and we would have to pay $360 in termination fees, plus $45 per phone (we got 3) restocking fee. At the time I didn't know that we legally had 3 days to get out of the contract and Sprint sure didn't inform us of that fact.

Instead, they told us to call customer service and have them send us a magic box (signal booster) and so we did. They assured us that the magic box would solve our problem. We had to wait a few days to receive it because they mailed it to us. We get the box and I had to plug it up in every room in my home, before I finally get a signal in the very last room I try.

Even with the booster, our phones still worked poorly. If you can make a call, sometimes it gets dropped. Sometimes you have to call a number 3 or 4 times before it will ring and I have people tell me all of the time that they tried calling me and that my phone goes straight to voicemail and never even rings. I have put up with this since April and I am sick of it.

On 08/27 we wake up and we have NO SERVICE again. I check the box and it says it can not detect a mobile network. I unplugged, restarted, rebooted, etc... everything I could think of trying to get that box to work.

But, it kept telling me it didn't detect a mobile network. I had had enough. I got in my car and drove down the highway searching for service and finally I got 2 bars. I called Sprint Customer Service and spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with them.

I first spoke to customer service, then I was transferred to a supervisor, and finally to a manager. The manager said there was nothing he could do for me. I told him I wanted out of my contract because I never got reliable service and he said it would take a corporate executive with Sprint to cancel my contract and he promised me that one would call me the very next day. Guess What?

No one ever called yesterday. So I call back this morning and talk to a supposedly TOP MANAGEMENT PERSON. I explained all of this to him and asked about getting the contract voided. He said NO!

He said I had some usage on my phones. I said sure when we go to Conway, Maumelle, L.R., etc... we can use our phones... we get service.

But, we didn't get service at home 90% of the time. He tells me that "USAGE IS USAGE. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU GET SERVICE...WE HAD USAGE. I ASKED HIM TO LOOK AND SEE WHAT AREA THE USAGE WAS IN AND HIS REPLY WAS, "USAGE IS USAGE." HE THEN PROCEEDED TO TELL ME THAT SPRINT NEVER GUARANTEED ME THAT I WOULD GET SERVICE AT HOME.

I WAS DUMB FOUNDED AND TOLD HIM THAT THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE NOW DAYS RELIED ON CELL PHONES AND DIDN'T HAVE LAND LINES AND THAT WAS MY CASE AND THAT I NEEDED RELIABLE PHONES. THAT I HAVE ELDERLY ILL PARENTS THAT I NEED TO CALL EVERY DAY AND THEY NEED TO BE ABLE TO CALL ME IF THEY NEEDED HELP. HE AGAIN TELLS ME THAT SPRINT NEVER GUARANTEED ME THAT I WOULD HAVE SERVICE WHERE I LIVED AND TOLD ME TO READ MY CONTRACT...THAT SPRINT WAS NOT OBLIGATED TO MAKE SURE THAT I HAD SERVICE AT MY HOME. HE TOLD ME I COULD TERMINATE MY CONTRACT BUT IT WOULD COST ME AROUND $600 TO DO SO.

I TOLD HIM I COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT SPRINT DIDN'T CARE ANYTHING ABOUT IT'S CUSTOMERS. THAT WHAT WOULD IT HURT A LARGE COMPANY LIKE SPRINT TO LET ME OUT OF MY CONTRACT WHEN THEY HAD NEVER SUPPLIED ME WITH RELIABLE SERVICE... THAT I WAS TOLD TWICE THAT I WOULD HAVE EXCELLENT SERVICE AT MY HOME AND THAT WAS A LIE. HE THEN REPEATED AGAIN THAT IT WAS NOT SPRINT'S FAULT IF I DIDN'T GET SERVICE AT MY HOME AND THAT THEY DIDN'T GUARANTEE ME THAT I WOULD GET SERVICE AT MY HOME." Needless to say, I am mad and extremely frustrated at this entire situation.

Sprint has lied and lied to me just to get me to sign up and now I feel like there is nothing I can do. I am not going to pay $600 to terminate my contract and if I do terminate and don't pay the bill they will get a collection agency after me and put a negative mark on my credit report. Sprint doesn't give care about customer satisfaction. Do I have my lawyer sue?

What do I do? How can I get out of this? I have no cell phone service at home most of the time and it looks like I am going to have to get cell phones from another carrier because Sprint won't honor it's agreement to supply me with reliable mobile data and phone service.

I don't think it is right that a Sprint store can guarantee me I will get excellent service at my home address and then when I find out that is not accurate information... that Sprint won't allow me to get out of my contract without being severally penalized.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sprint Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: I was told I would get excellent data/phone service and I get 0 to fair service coverage..

Preferred solution: Cancel my contractual agreement without penalizing me..

I didn't like: Being lied to about coverage area where i live.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 29.

Comments