1.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have been a Sprint customer for 15 years. We have 8 lines (1 air rave and 1 line set up by a manager, part of the complain).

Since March of 2017 we have been dealing with charges and issues with Sprint. Went into a sprint store to upgrade (my sons) iphone in March 2017, manager said it wasn't eligible but we could add an 8th line and just patch the current number to the new phone. Still being charged for both phone leases, both lines and insurance because they are claiming the original phone was never turned in (they can't locate it). I dropped my iphone in the pool June 2017, turned the claim into Asurion.

I was leaving town so they shipped the replacement to where I was traveling to and it was a downgraded phone. My original was iPhone 6, they sent an SE. Went to turn the SE in for an upgrade in June 2018 and they wouldn't let me upgrade, it was not an upgradable phone. My husband spent 3 hours in the Sprint store trying to get this resolved.

Sprint said it was Asurion's fault and Asurion said it was Sprints fault. Finally the Sprint manager upgraded the phone. We then asked for the difference between the 2 phone lease prices to be adjusted because for 12 months I was paying for a higher standard phone. We spent at least 8 more hours over 2 months between store visits and phone calls to get this resolved.

Sadly each time we called in we never got to speak to the same person twice and had to tell our story over and over again. We received commitment after commitment from reps and managers stating they would call us back and never did. During this time we received a large charge on our bill for breaking the lease and not returning the SE phone. Sprint adjusted this charge and sent me a 6s iPhone to take to the corporate office because they said Asurion had never received the 6s that was turned in for water damage over 1 year prior.

This was taken the very next day to the corporate office. Last week I received a notice that the phone has not been returned yet. Back to my sons phone, we are still disputing this phone as they continue to say they never received it but it was turned in the day he upgraded it at the store. Can't they look it up by the serial number or something to verify this?

They are saying we are responsible for the lease of the phone or the break lease charges all because we can't prove what their rep in store did with the phone. My daughter was due for an upgrade so I started the process online and then the chat window popped up. A rep asked if they could help and I advised I was upgrading she told me I could just select the store, make an appointment and the upgraded phone would be available to pick up in store. I followed her instructions and the next day my daughter picked up the phone in the store and returned her old one.

The day after that, a phone was delivered to her house. She returned it to the Sprint store immediately and they said they were unsure how this happened and they don't even see an order for it on our account. Sure enough, the following bill showed an extra sprint phone line added with that phone. It took almost 2 months to get this resolved as they continued to charge us for it even though they "saw" it was returned and once they removed the line and phone from the bill we were then charged a early term fee and the balance of the phone.

This required another call to Sprint and hours of waiting and explaining. Today I looked at our bill and they put us on a new plan that increased our charges. I have now been dealing with this for 3 hours. I was advised that the old plan is no longer available and was put on a new plan.

I mentioned the increase and they said there was a $220/month plan that covers everything unlimited. I agreed. They offered we go on auto pay and it would reduce it to $180, I declined but did ask that I get an adjustment for the difference between the new plan I didn't select or authorize and the $220 monthly one. I got transferred to multiple supervisors to be told that I was quoted wrong, it's $280.

A manager was looking through my bill to see what she could do and the line got disconnected, I'm assuming I was hung up on. Just an FYI my husband and son are still at Sprint and have been over 90 min now trying to continue to get the phone line and charges resolved for my son, which are over $1000 total in the past 16 months.

Reason of review: poor customer service, unfair charges, unfair practices.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments