sprint continues to bill me although account long cancelled. when i called customer service i was referred to consumer fraud, since they had no "record" of my being a customer for the last ten years.

another bill arrived yesterday. customer service offers no solution. i cancelled the account because i moved east of the mississippi river, and drove through blank spots one hour each side of the river. no coverage is no service.

when i attempt to reach someone who is a decision maker i never know if i will contact guatemala or india when i call in. this account was closed months ago, but the billing seems to be endless, and nobody in the company talks to anybody else. i would appreciate advice, strategies to use to fire these folks and stop getting invoices.

thanks for your help.

Comments

Belmont, New South Wales, Australia #23191

3/2007 I CALLED NEXTELL TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE FEATURES ON A BLACKBERRY PHONE. WE HAD 3 UNLIMITED PHONE LINES FOR WELL OVER 3 1/2 YEARS AND I HAD BEEN A SPRINT/NEXTELL CUSTOMER OVER 14 YEARS. THE CUSTOMER REP FOR BUSINESS ACCOUNTS INFORMS ME OFTHE ACTUAL USEAGE OF MUNUTES USED ON IUR ACCOUNT WAS HARDLY ENOUGH TO WARRANT THE UNLIMITED AMOUNT OF $199.99 PER PHONE AND APPLICABLE FEES AND TAXES. I WAS EXTREMELY HESITANT & WAS REASSURED I COULD GET A BLACKBERRY PHONE, WITH REBATES, INCENTATIVES ETC. CHANGE TO SHARED MINUTES OF OVER 6000 PER MONTH, WHICH MORE THAN WOULD HAVE COVERED THE PHONE USEAGE, AND WE COULD REVERT BACK TO THE OLD PLAN ANYTIME.

WE MADE THE CHANGE, BUT WHAT WAS NEVER DISCLOSED WAS THE SHARE MINUTES WERE "PEAK & OFF" MINUTES. NEEDLESS TO SAY THE FIRST BILL WAS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS! I CALLED IMMEDIATELY AND ASKED WHAT BUSINESS WOULD AGREE TO THAT TYPE OF PLAN, WHEN BUSINESS IS NORMALLY CONDUCTED DURING THE COURSE OF A REGULAR BUSINESS DAY-WHICH WOULD BE DURING "PEAK" HOURS? OF COURSE THEY WAS NO GOOD ANSWER AND WE CHANGED BACK TO THE UNLIMITED PLAN.

WE WERE ISSUED A CREDIT FOR THE ERROR HOWEVER, THE ORIGINAL CREDIT WAS NEVER PROPERLY APPLIED. BECAUSE SPRINT/NEXTELL WORK OFF OD "2 SCREENS" (SLPIT SCREENS) THE CREDIT WOULD SHOW UP ON ONE, HOWEVER WHEN THE BILL GENERATED IT WOULD NOT SHOW ON THE SCREEN AND THEREFORE EVERY MONTH WE STILLED "OWED" FOR THE CREDIT THAT WAS NEVER CORRECTLY APPLIED.

WE WENT THROOUGH MONTHLY MARATHON SWSSIONS WITH CUSTIMER SERVICE REPS, WAS TRANSFERRED LIKE A HAT, HAD THE SERVICE SHUT OFF, TURNED BACK ON, PAID OUR BILL EVERY MONTH, WAS ACCUSED OF NOT PAYING OUR BILL FOR MONTHS, WHEN IN FACT WE WERE PAYING $900.00 OR MORE.

ON 9/10/07 I SPENT 6 1/2 HOURS ON THE PHONE, NON-STOP, SPOKE TO 12 DIFFERENT PEOPLE ( I GOT THERE NAMES) WAS REASSURED THE PROBLEM WAS FIXED, ONLY TO ENCOUNTER IT AGAIN THE FOLLOWING MONTH. FINALLY IN FEB. 2008 I CONTACTED THE PUC, WHO PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH A WOMAN IN THEIR CORPORATE OFFICE WHO READIKY AGREED THIS WAS A HUGE MISTAKE. SHE WANTED TO REFERENCE THE ACCOUNT, RESOLVE THE PROBLEM AND PROMISED TO GET BACK TO ME IN A FEW DAYS. I NEVER HEARD FROM HER AGAIN. NOT SURPRISING. I CONTACTED THE PUC ASKED THEM WHO WOULD ALLOW A PHONE TO REMAIN IN SERVICE IF $3000.00 WAS ACTUALLY OWED AND I WAS ADVISED TO CHANGE CARRIERS.

I CHANGED CARRIERS, PORTED OUT OUR NUMBERS RECEIVED ONE STATEMENT SAVING THE $3000+ AS BEING CREDITED, HOWEVER EVEN THOUGH THE NUMBERS WERE PORTED OUT, NEXTELL WAS ADVISED WE WERE NO LONGER DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM, WE HAD CHANGED SERVICE VIA ADVICE FROM PUC, AFTER 4 MONTHS I RECEIVE A STATEMENT FOR THE PAST 3 MONTHS OF SERVICE. I CALLED NEXTELL TOLD THEM THE SERVICE WAS DISCONTINUED FOR LACK OF PERFORMANCE FOR 1 YEAR TO PROPERLY RECTIFY A PROBLEM, EXTORTED MONEY FROM ME AND I WOULD SEE THEM IN COURT BEFORE THEY GOT ANOTHER CENT. WE CLOSED OUR SERVICE IN MARCH OF 2008 AND I WAS NOT PAYING FOR ANOTHER CENT. THAT WAS A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO. WE WILL HAVE TO SEE THEIR NEXT MOVE, BUT I WILL FILE AN INJUNCTION FOR EXTORTION, BAD FAITH, UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES, THEFT BY DECEPTION, LOSS OF MY ABILITY TO GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT AND INFRINGEMENT OF MY RIGHT TO PROFIT.

Cleveland, New York, United States #23158

Sprint is the worst of the worst cell phone services.. They sold me a phone that was suppose to be new.

I used it for three months and the battery went dead. No way would it charge up. I took it to the sprint store in Hampton Virginia on mercury blvd and was told they would check out the battery for 30.00. I told them I could go buy a new battery for a little more then that so why would I want to pay them to just check the battery.

Very rude service people too. I will go back to AT&T just as soon as my contract is up.

What a rotton cell phone company. Be aware and don't use them or you will get screwed :(