I filed a rebate fraud complaint against Sprint on Sunday, 08 March 2009 with Planetfeedback. As of Friday, 27 March 2009, this matter has not been resolved to my satisfaction. In fact, this matter was not resolved at all. I was contacted by Sprint on Monday, 09 March 2009. I verified my account information (for security purposes) and supplied the the proof of purchase (via email attachment). I was informed that a ticket would be opened and a billing specialist would contact me. A billing specialist contacted me on Tuesday, 10 March 2009. Once again, I verified my account information (for security purposes) and supplied the the proof of purchase (via email attachment) for the billing specialist. Instead of acting quickly to resolve this matter that is almost one year old, Sprint began stalling and wasting my time. Over the next two days I was sent a standard form letter via email, several times, requesting my account information, proof of purchase, and stating their business hours. I had previously verified my account information (for security purposes) and supplied the the proof of purchase (via email attachment) on Monday, 09 March 2009 and again on Tuesday, 10 March 2009. On Thursday, 12 March 2009 I was informed that I would need to contact the Sprint rebate department and supply the same account verification and proof of purchase information I had just previously given to two Sprint employees. Also, I would have to wait 30-45 days for the rebate. 30-45 days. I have already been waiting almost one year for this rebate. I purchased this phone on Monday, 05 May 2008. I should have received the rebate by Monday, 11 August 2008. Fourteen weeks later! However, I did not receive the rebate. I submitted the proof of purchase via postal service several times, then via fax after I contacted Sprint and was informed that they never received the rebate request. Now, almost one year later, instead of Sprint acting without delay to resolve this matter as quickly as possible and ensure that a customer is retained, I am informed I need to resubmit the rebate request again (information that has now been submitted via mailing, faxing, and email attachment) and wait. No, I will not wait. This matter should have been righted by Sprint by Tuesday, 10 March 2009 once I verified my account information and attached the proof of purchase in my email response to Sprint on Monday, 09 March 2009. Sprint should have sent the $50.00 rebate check overnight and given me at least two months of free service to correct this gross inconvenience.

I informed Sprint on Thursday, 12 March 2009 that I would not continue to resubmit information that has been submitted and verified. I informed Sprint that I will not wait another 30 - 45 days for the rebate. I have already waited almost one year! If I do not receive the rebate in 7 business day from today the following will occur:

1. A fraud complaint will be filed with the Attorney Generals Office

2. A fraud complaint will be filed with the Federal Trade Commission

3. A fraud complaint will be filed with the Better Business Bureau

4. Another complaint will be filed with Planetfeedback

Again, instead of Sprint acting quickly they stalled and continued to delay in bringing this matter to a close. I was informed the matter could be expedited and I would only have to wait 15-20 days for the rebate. I replied with No and stated again that Sprint has 7 business days to deliver the rebate check. In an effort to ensure that I am not satisfied and keep the money that I am owed, Sprint offered an account credit. I replied with No and stated again that Sprint has 7 business days to deliver the rebate check. On Tuesday, 17 March 2009 Sprint stated that they would not be able to fulfill the 7 business day request. I quickly informed Sprint that if I did not receive the rebate check on Monday, 23 March 2009 the following would occur:

1. A fraud complaint will be filed with the Attorney General's Office

7. A fraud complaint will be filed with MeasuredUp.com

8. A fraud complaint will be filed with ConsumerAffairs.com

9. A fraud complaint will be filed with Complaints.com

10. A fraud complaint will be filed with The Consumer Advocacy Group

Sprint's response only made the matter much worse. They informed me the rebate check would not be delivered in 7 business days and I would have to resubmit the rebate request again and wait.

I have since halted all communication with Sprint due to the fact that this company is committing fraud and has absolutely no intention of delivering my rightful rebate.

I will continue to pursue this matter until I receive my rebate and at the very least two months free service for this gross inconvenience.

As of Thursday, 07 May 2009, I have filed a rebate fraud complaint against Sprint with Ripoff.com (Wednesday, 18 March 2009), Planetfeedback.com (Tuesday, 24 March 2009), MeasuredUp.com (Tuesday, 24 March 2009), Complaints.com (Wednesday, 25 March 2009), My3cents.com (Thursday, 26 March 2009, Better Business Bureau (Friday, 27 March 2009), ConsumerAffairs.com (Friday, 03 April 2009), Texas Attorney General's Office (Tuesday, 05 May 2009), and Complaintbook (Thursday, 07 May 2009).

Sprint has responded to my Better Business Bureau complaint with lies and more delays. Sprint reported to the BBB and myself that their rebate department has no record of receiving the rebate request. That is a lie. I have documented the date, time and Sprint employee number of a telephone conversation informing me that the rebate request was received by Sprint Rebate Department on Monday, 11 August 2008.Once again after verifying my account information and supplying only one wireless phone number, Sprint has contacted the wrong wireless number twice. More efforts to delay resolving this matter. Sprint has lied and reported to the BBB that a representative has spoken with me and this matter is resolved. That is a lie. Sprint reported to the BBB and myself on Monday, 13 April 2009, that a rebate check should be received in 7-10 days. As of Tuesday, 05 May 2009 I have not received a rebate check. Sprint has no intentions of sending the rebate check that is rightfully desired.

This matter is now one year old. Sprint could have and should have sent the rebate check overnight to resolve this matter quickly and retain a loyal customer. My dissatisfaction with this company has risen to the point that this matter can only be resolved with the receipt of the grossly overdue $50.00 rebate check and three (3) months free wireless service.

Today, Thursday, 07 May 2009, Sprint informed me that it would be another 45 days before the rebate check would be issued. This company is fraudulent in every possible way.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sprint Phone Service.

Comments

i sing contract for 2 years and never have the rebate they said no proof off purchase and i got the phone fron sprin dealer FRAUD

Ok So I have been waiting only a few months for my rebate but upon further review I see that I wont be getting it :? I guess when it is time I will be finding a better cell phone company. Or do all Cell phone companies do this?

Sprint sucks! They do! There is a good reason that they are number three and quickly fading! Lying about how their new phone out sold their previous two phones combined. They did that *** to make their stock prices go up but nobody fell for that trick.

File complaints in any and everywhere and you will get your rebate. Be persistent. Do Not Give Up!

Those Liars!

Then hit them where it hurts! Be patient and when your contract is fulfilled - TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT.

Best of luck, twice ripped off by promise of.

Sprint sucks!!

they did the same for me because I am a premier customer I was to receive a new phone and a rebate of the HTC phones, well I bought the phones and was told after that the phone did not have a rebate, and I even asked it they were sure the rebate would be given. Sprint works hard to rip people off. I have had them since 2001 when it was Nextel

I see someone that works at Sprint is responding to complaints against Sprint. Well, there are a lot because Sprint sucks!

Try Verizon.

Why you didn't take the *** credit you *** ***!!