2.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I can't ever remember a company that is so completely void of customer service. I was with sprint for nearly 15 years and hadn't had any major issues until 5 months ago.

Since then I haven't had a single bill that was correct. Everyone month I would call get told a new round of lies and then wait to see if next months bill would be correct. While I would try to check the situation from the website, app, or a Sprint store, all of those sources would have conflicting information and you really did just have to wait for the next bill. Needless to say, after 5 months I was getting tired of this approach so I went to the Sprint store paid my final bill, and paid off my leased phone with the purchase option.

I called Sprint the next day to request that the newly paid for phone be unlocked so that I could take it to another carrier. After a few minutes on hold the representative came back and told me that my phone was unlocked and that could use it with another carrier or internationally. Later that day I went to another carrier only to find that my phone had not been unlocked as promised. By this time my account with Sprint has been canceled because the number is now ported to the new carrier but you would assume that this would be no big deal.

Just call Sprint and straighten out the problem right? Wrong! I called sprint from the new carriers store and was told I would have to wait 48 hours to have my phone unlocked despite that fact that the only reason I am standing in a new carriers store is that they said my phone was unlocked already. When I asked to speak to a manager I was put on hold and then hung up on.

I called back and the new representative tells me that it will 3 to 5 business days to have the phone unlocked. Again i ask to speak to manager and I am hung up on. When I call back ,and speak to my third representative for the day, he reads back the notes from the previous representative and she listed off a whole bunch of lies about all the things that she did. Regardless, I am told by the newest representative that it will be 5 to 7 days to unlock my phone.

I am afraid to call again, the next time it could be 2-3 weeks. Thanks to Sprint's lies I have no phone and am totally a hostage of their poor customer service. I didn't do anything wrong but I am the one who has to suffer. I paid my phone in full and I called to verify my phone was unlocked before I went to another carrier.

If i had been told when I called that it would take 3-5 days I would have waited until the phone was unlocked before I moved to another carrier. This was Sprint's fault and they refuse to make it right. This was a long rant, but the fact is Sprint is a business that doesn't care about their customers. They could do the right thing but they choose not to.

They could own their mistakes but they choose not to. They blame everything on another department and have a way to do what is right. They haven't figured out that as a consumer I don't care which department is at fault. All of the departments are Sprint and Sprint really stinks!

Stay away from Sprint. It wouldn't matter if their service was free it still wouldn't be worth the headaches they cause.

Review about: Sprint Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Unlock my phone now.

I liked: Unlimited plan.

I didn't like: Customer service, Inability to resolve problems, Countless hours of my time waisted, Rude representitives, All the lies they told.

Comments