In early January I bought a Sprint phone. When I returned it I was told there would be a $35 restocking fee. I called Customer Service and a supervisor agreed to remove the fee for a phone that did not do some of what was promised and had at least one operational defect. Because of his help we renewed the contracts on all four phones. The charge appeared next month, but not the credit. I again called Customer Service and learned the original promise was never documented but, after a 54 minute call, I was given a 50% credit.

I asked how I could protect myself in the future and was told that even if I recorded my conversations, sometimes I might be told things that Sprint could or would not honor. In other words, Sprint was reserving the right to mislead me whenever it fit their purposes. In a follow-up conversation, I was told that that was not true (how surprising!), but my concern is that it truly appears to be the way Sprint acts, or at least tries to get away with.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Review about: Sprint Phone Service.

Had an Experience with Sprint?

Comments

PCS is poor customer service

I guess I missed the part in the contract where it said that even if the phone was defective, and unable to deliver what we asked for, we'd be charged a fee to "restock" it. Restocking a defective phone? Yeah, sounds like Sprint.

And if I had seen the above, how useful would it have been? Do you think Sprint would let me re-negotiate parts of my contract? Think any other company is different? At some point, you need to trust a company to do the right thing, and at that Sprint failed completely.

I have subsequently been able to terminate my Sprint contract and I found that when I buy services from a reliable company I don't need to spend my time reading contracts that I can't change.

No. But then again I actually read my contract.