I have just received May's Sprint cell bill with $4.99 surchage called spending limit program to be deducted each month because my bill payment is not done via the bank.

Curious because my bills are paid 2 weeks in advance through their website...by myself.

Why should they push me, obviously other customers, to set the payment through the bank yet I can monitor my spending limit and my bill on time?

That's a lot of money they will be racking from each customer over a long time.$4.99 is added to the overall bill each month.

Comments

Lakeland, Florida, United States #757409

To RS guy. Try being helpful instead of being an insulting ***.

I had perfect credit when I was with sprint and had the same *** on my bill. Sprint is a *** company, with horrible service, and an alluring cheap plan, without mention of how many additional charges will be on your bill.

Their customer service is rude as well as not very proficient. Pre-Paid is going to be your best bet all around.

The $4.99 charge is because your credit shows you to be a risk and you are on a spending limit program; usually $150 per line. If you register a recurring payment directly from your bank or credit card that surcharge is removed. You have to call customer care to do that.

As for the "premium data" that is a smart phone charge that brings your bill up to 79.99 For their cheapest plan. It includes unlimited data and is still cheaper than AT&T and Verizon which start at $85 for the basic plan, they just roll it all into one fee.

As far as insurance goes it is $8 for Sprint, $7 for AT&T and $6 for Verizon all with $100 deductible.

Grow up and read your contract like a big boy and be happy someone extended you a line of credit. If you don't like it buy a prepaid.

#420907

sprint sucks. Just got my bill and learned that I have to pay for surcharge,premium data add-on.

May someone please tell me why sprint acts like we are dumb by making us pay $8 for insurance. I love how fancy they put my insurance payment, 4 dollars premium and 4 dollar service/repair.

costumer service told me surcharge is like tax I pay at the grocery... but the paper stated surcharge are not taxes on you or amounts we are required to collect from you by law. Surcharges are charges incurred to recover costs associated with governmental programs, and certain taxes imposed upon Sprint.

The amounts, and the components used to calculate Surcharge amounts, are subject to change.

Sprint is basically telling me I have to pay their bills. A law suit sounds great to me.

The charge is because your credit isn't good.

You get what you pay for

wow that's crazy