2.2
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Dealing with Sprint’s customer service unit is an exercise in utter frustration and futility. I’ve been a Sprint customer for over 20 years and have had the protection plan on my main phone for approx.

the past 6 years. Over the past 3 to 4 years, Sprint has dealt with my phone issues submitted for repair under the protection plan, by re-sending me a refurbished phone, sometimes a different model. Each phone sent to me has its own issues that manifest anywhere from 1 day to 6 months. It’s been a viscous cycle that doesn’t end and thus I have not had a good working phone for more than 6 consecutive months.

I was told a few days ago that my replacement of a replacement of…. Is so old (LG4) that the issue is the phone is not capable of receiving the newer cell signals. Reluctantly, I called Customer Service to look for a new phone and I wanted some sort of nominal credit to compensate me for the issues I had experienced because of the furbished phones that didn’t last. I was told yesterday that the Customer Service department couldn’t do anything.

The agent told me the phone I was interested in (Samsung S8+) would be $15.42 per month after the $10 loyalty credit and that the Sales Department might be able to do something extra to compensate me for my bad experiences. Not only did the Sales Department not offer any compensation, they told me the price of the phone was $25.42 after the loyalty credit. I explained what I was told and the Sales person attempted to transfer back to customer service but somehow I was disconnected. I then went on the Sprint Care Twitter and over the next 3+ hours, I proceeded to have to most frustrating exchanges with various reps who kept sending me in circles, asking me for the same info contained in the prior chat history and giving me their same pricing info that I can see for myself on their website.

Basically, 5+ hours of my time wasted yesterday on Sprint. No more.

Sprint: If a long-time customer is having a bad experience, that customer once their issue dealt with before committing to spend more money with you and extend their contractual relationship with you. The sad thing is, given my dialogue yesterday, I really don’t think Sprint cares about their customers; something that is clearly evident by if their Customer Service model of having reps with no authority who are taught to provide the same canned answer, no matter what the question or issue: “Upgrade to a new phone.”

Review about: Cell Phone.

I liked: Lower costs.

Comments

Snoozy

I feel your pain. As a customer of Sprint for 17 years, I had to divorce them in the fall....

Every rep I spoke with gave me a different answer, and I too, spent HOURS on the phone.

They were not interested in retaining good consistent paying customers (we had 4 lines), so adios Sprint! I went with Cricket for a better plan and cheaper cost.